- In 2009 the Bergs restaurant was voted among the Top 50 Best European Restaurants by nearly 50 000 friends of great food from all around the world.
- Mr. Reinis Stalbovs of Bergs Restaurant won the 2nd place in "Latvian Best Cook 2009" competition in September 2009. Congratulations!
- In December, 2008 the Bergs restaurant received the 2nd place in the list of Latvia’s 50 best restaurants, created by Latvia’s top restaurant guide „Kurs Uzsauks” in collaboration with more than 200 experts of the restaurant and catering industry.
Hotel Bergs has been awarded as the “Best Small Business Hotel in Eastern Europe” by the UK’s magazine Business Destinations in its “Travel Awards 2008”.
On May 2008, Hotel Bergs received the official five star quality certificate issued by Latvian Association of Hotels and Restaurants.
- Hotel Bergs is featured in the 2009 edition of Condé Nast JOHANSENS“Recommended Hotels & Spas Europe & The Mediterranean”.
- Market days in Bergs Bazaar. Slow food and Farmers market on every second and fourth Saturday of the month from 9:00am–3:00pm. Mix in with locals, diplomats, and out of town guests alike as you sample some of Latvia′s best culinary products and arts and crafts. From 11.00 till 15.00 the Bergs restaurant chef Kaspars Jansons invites to experience the very best of Latvia’s seasonal delicasies in a special Market Day 3-course meal.
- Hotel Bergs is nominated for the Leading Hotel in Latvia by World Travel Awards 2009.
- Hotel Bergs has been awarded as the “Best Luxury Hotel in Latvia" by the UK’s magazine Business Destinations in its “Travel Awards 2009”.
- Hotel Bergs has accepted the invitation to participate in World Wildlife Funds` organized campaign "Earth Hour" and on March 28th from 20:30 till 21:30 will turn down the lighting in public areas. We invite you to personally participate as well and apologize for any inconveniences caused.
During this hour, restaurant Bergs chef Kaspars Jansons invites you to a special "Earth Hour" meal.
- Taking care of guests wellbeing and quality of sleep, Hotel Bergs has introduced top mattresses in all guest bedrooms. For even better relaxation the guests can choose from the pillow menu „Sweet Dreams” and enjoy the delicacy of down, the fluffiness of wool, the country scent of buckwheat, the sensitivity of space-age foam or the smoothness of silk. While the music CD „Serenity” performed exclusively by Latvia’s best known percussionist Mr.Nils Ile will create a peaceful atmosphere.
- Boutique Hotel Bergs is glad to announce the re-opening of the attractive and very chic renovated restaurantBergs, offering a new and exciting design within this unique hotel with excellent location in Bergs Bazaar in Riga. Please take a look to the new menu.
Your personal audioguide. Hotel Bergs offers you the opportunity to explore Riga with the help of a personal audioguide. You design your self-guided tour of the city: where to start, when to start, and when you would like to finish. Visit all 27 attractions, or choose just a few. The audioguide can tell its story in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian. For more information ask at the Reception Des
- French spring in restaurant Bergs! Hotel Bergs is official supporter of culture festival „French Spring”. During the whole June restaurant Bergs visitors are invited to taste french delicacy after special recipes made in cooperation with chef Jean Yves Gueho from the restaurant „L’Atlantide” from Nante and enjoy excellent choice of wines.
- French spring in restaurant Bergs! Hotel Bergs is official supporter of culture festival „French Spring”. During the whole April restaurant Bergs visitors are invited to taste french delicacy after special recipes and enjoy excellent choice of wines (please refer to page Restaurant).
- Hotel Bergs is featured in the 2007 edition of "Condé Nast JOHANSENSRecommended Hotels & Spas Europe & The Mediterranean".
Guests can now enjoy complimentary WiFi access throughout the Hotel Bergs.
Come and enjoy the Christmas Season in Bergs Bazaar!
Hot spiced wine, crispy wafers and gingerbread cookies will be served on the Winter Terrace of Hotel Bergsduring the Advent Saturdays on December 8th and 22nd, 2007 at 11am-4pm. Nearby, the traditional Bazaar in Bergs Bazaar (craft fair) together with the Green Market (biological farmers production) will take place from 9am to 4pm.
Hot spiced wine and gingerbread cookies will be served on the Winter terrace of Hotel Bergs every Saturday and Sunday during the Advent time from December 2nd to 24th at 12-5pm.
- Recent award. The European Regional Tourism Institute organized its 5th annual quest to recognize the „PERSON OF THE YEAR IN TOURISM” among the Latvian tourism professionals, and director of Hotel Bergs Mrs. Iveta Sprudza was among the nominees and received the award PERSON OF THE YEAR IN HOSPITALITY BUSINESS on December 2007.
- The World Association of Chefs′ Societies was organizing the Global Chef’s Challenge finals for Northern Europe on November 1-3, 2007 in Tallinn, Estonia. The chef of Hotel Bergs Mr. Kaspars Jansons was representing Latvia and received the 8th place. The leader of the competition was Mr. Tom-Victor Gausdal from Norway. A special prize for the best choice of wine to accompany the taste bouquet of the prepared meal – for our chef Kaspars Jansons!
- The UK′s Tatler’s Travel Guide 2005 listed Hotel Bergs among the Top 10 boutique hotels worldwide.
- A new fountain, designed by Ilmars Blumbergs, was unveiled in the courtyard of Hotel Bergs on July 7, 2005.
- Hotel Begs was recognized as the best tourism enterprise in Latvia in 2004 by Latvia′s Ministry of Economics.
- The American magazine, Condé Nast TRAVELER, features Hotel Bergs as one of the 100 best hotels worldwide in its “Hot List 2004." Condé Nast Publications also issues such magazines as Vogue, Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest, Bon Apetit and House & Garden.
- In 2004, Hotel Bergs received the 4-star-classification certificate from Latvia’s hotel and restaurant association, “Viesnīcu un restorāna centrs.”
- The companies that renovated Hotel Bergs - "PKE" (real-estate management), “Zaigas Gailes birojs” (architecture and design) and “Celmiņa būvkonstrukcijas projektēšanas birojs” (structural design), received theBest Building award for the best reconstructed building in 2003 from the Association of Latvian Construction Contractors.
- The Latvian Chamber of Architecture presented the 2003 award for best interior design to Mrs. Zaiga Gaile and her company, “Zaigas Gailes birojs, ” for their unique and innovative interior design of Hotel Bergs.